The weekend before last I was pretty sick, so I didn't do much. I ended up picking up, A Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers, one of my many unread books. I ordered it from Amazon because I had enjoyed her book Redeeming Love. A Voice in the Wind was over 500 hundred pages, I remember thinking "I'll never finish this." I had to stop myself around page 400 Saturday night to go to sleep only to finish the rest after church the next day. I haven't been this lost in book in a long time. It's pretty fast paced and chapters are told by different characters so it's almost like 3 books in one.Without giving away too much, the book is about a young Christian girl named Hadassah (I initially thought this was going to be a tale of Esther, since Redeeming Love was a modern tale of Hosea) who became a Roman slave after her hometown was taken over by Rome. Hadassah's faith is tested many times, but she remembers the scriptures her father taught her. She personifies 1 Peter 2:18, "Slaves, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not
only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are
harsh." It made me reflect on how I treat others, especially my coworkers, since our work is ultimately for the Lord. It is the first book of a trilogy. I am going to order the second book soon. I highly recommend this book!
to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. Eph. 4:24
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Book Review: A Voice in the Wind
The weekend before last I was pretty sick, so I didn't do much. I ended up picking up, A Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers, one of my many unread books. I ordered it from Amazon because I had enjoyed her book Redeeming Love. A Voice in the Wind was over 500 hundred pages, I remember thinking "I'll never finish this." I had to stop myself around page 400 Saturday night to go to sleep only to finish the rest after church the next day. I haven't been this lost in book in a long time. It's pretty fast paced and chapters are told by different characters so it's almost like 3 books in one.Without giving away too much, the book is about a young Christian girl named Hadassah (I initially thought this was going to be a tale of Esther, since Redeeming Love was a modern tale of Hosea) who became a Roman slave after her hometown was taken over by Rome. Hadassah's faith is tested many times, but she remembers the scriptures her father taught her. She personifies 1 Peter 2:18, "Slaves, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not
only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are
harsh." It made me reflect on how I treat others, especially my coworkers, since our work is ultimately for the Lord. It is the first book of a trilogy. I am going to order the second book soon. I highly recommend this book!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment